Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sprouts Sunday 6/20

Many gardening blogs have Harvest Mondays, where everyone posts their harvest for that week. Thanks to the California Agriculture Committee, I don't have harvests to post :/. I've therefore decided to have Sprouts Sunday, at least for the next month or so. Each Sunday I will be posting updates as to what plants have and have not sprouted and growth updates for those that have.


SPROUTED:
1. Radishes.

2. Lettuce.


3. Cucumbers.
4. Tomatoes: Brandywine, Roma, and misc. cherry--one of each so far!
5. Thyme (included in picture).

6. Basil.

7. Peas.

NOT SPROUTED:
1. Green onions.
2. Carrots.
3. Peppers: Bell, jalapeno, and sweet banana.
4. Sage.
5. Rosemary.
6. Parsley.
7. Chives.
8. Lavender.

It's a bit cool in the evenings still, so I'm worried the peppers are sulking. Also, I'm quite suspicious of the organic red potatoes I bought at the store--I've set them out to sprout for nearly a week, with no luck. Makes me think some chemicals have touched them!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for adding me to you list of blog-links. I like your idea of Sprouts sunday! Don;t worry, soon you will have harvests; those radishes look great! As for the seeds that haven't sprouted. Parsley and capsicum take ages, and capsicum in paticular needs nice warm soil. You could try covering the pot with some plastic until the seeds germinate?

    ReplyDelete