Sunday, April 11, 2010

Beautiful April Sunday


This weekend has been amazing--75 degrees, mild humidity, pure sunshine. Great time for me to get some pics of my balcony garden up.

the view from inside


cuke seedlings


sage plant that I grew from seed--v. proud of this plant, I've never gotten an herb to grow from seed before!


seedlings getting some fresh air


aloe plant that I use more than any other plant I've ever had--also just repotted


bonsai lime tree--all the leaves dropped this winter (which is normal?) but it now has tons of baby leaves and some flower buds--first flower of the season!


mint plant, one week later! Apparently it loves the shade


baby tomato plants and a cuke that probably won't make it...hasn't grown in a while, maybe I transplanted too early? Also some carrot seeds sown in here that haven't sprouted


tomatoes (hidden in the center) and herbs--garlic chives & parsley


Finally, bell peppers!

I really want to plant more, but with the big move coming up soon, I'm trying to work with plants that can be combined in large pots and will hopefully not be so big that the move will jostle them a ton.

No comments:

Post a Comment